Saturday, December 24, 2022

It's been a minute

 Have you ever wondered what makes you tick ? What is it that compels you to do the things that you do ? Almost coming up to a decade of not posting or writing anything and out of the blue I have this urge of spewing words on a blog that was collecting dust in 1's and 0's.

So, thanks to a dear friend of mine I ventured down the old blogging lane. Much to my astonishment I found that I had managed to post a good 50+ times when I was rather active. That is a lot of 1's and 0's to consume up in the cloud. To my utter shock I even found out that I have a hidden blog that I used to write stuff in which I obviously did not want to share. Not surprisingly I ended up down memory lane quite late into the night.

Sub consciously I think I was trying to find comments and words of inspiration from my biggest fan, my support and the reason for my very existence. My mum. In fact my very first post on this blog was a result of her pushing me to start writing which lead to her creating her own blog and so on. Somewhere along the discussions of blogs and writings and ramblings a light bulb went off in my head that she used to comment on my posts. Comments that I would so dearly love to see on this one and future ones if I end up posting. Comments telling me to keep writing. Laughing at my silly attempts at humor. Urging me to be more regular, to let the creative juices flow. Even just a smiley. Those were the comments that I came searching for to this space knowing fully well that its not something I will ever get to see again ever. Nine and a half years ago was the last comment by her. Who knew that it would be the last one ever.

Its really been a minute!!! Heck its coming up on a year since she you know.......

And here is when my brain cells cease to work further. Maybe someday I'll be able to actually write everything that I have bottled up inside.  

No comments: