- The Chinese are credited with the invention of the first toothbrushes. Initially the bristles were made up of Hog ( pig ) bristles but were eventually replaced by nylon. Sales would have definitely taken a huge blow if it were continued with the current H1N1 scare floating around.
- A 'face-off' in hockey was originally called as 'puck-off'. I am pretty sure that commentators would have made genuine mistakes replacing 'p' with 'f'. I am sure I would have. ;-)
- A 'jiffy' as we all say and take an eternity for daily chores and work, is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- A 100 pound ( ~45 kg ) person on Earth would weigh 38 pounds ( ~17 kg ) on Mars.
- A blue whale's aorta ( the main blood vessel ) is large enough for a human to crawl through. Thats really really big.
- A company in Taiwan makes dinnerware out of wheat, so you can eat your plate. I wish we get that here. Would save us a lot of trouble in washing utensils everyday!!!!
- A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
- Austria was the first ever country to use post-cards.
- Bats always turn left while exiting from a cave.
- Last but not the least for this particular post, Baskin Robins once made ketchup ice-creams. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Insanely Useless Facts #3
It has been ages again since I posted, so here I go with another post about insanely useless facts. By the way a big congratulations to the page for attracting '100' hits ( eventually ) after I placed a neat little tracker on the page. Without further ado I bring to you more useless but interesting facts.