Tuesday, June 17, 2008

MOVIES!!!!!!!!!

"Power cannot be not given."

"Power has to be taken."



That does ring a bell right?

Just few days back I managed to watch one of the most eagerly awaited movie of the year, Sarkar Raj. This task was accomplished even though a friend of mine helped me or rather should I say guided me in the most enlightening path possible. What an enlightenment that was. The bugger managed to spill the beans on the entire plot of the film. Even before I had entered the theater I knew what was about to happen.

Ok I need my share of revenge so here goes.

Amitabh Bachchan is paired along with his son and his daughter-in-law. (Hey thats not a surprise I know). Anyways so this tall lanky dude winds up getting married to this short skinny babe(which again is no surprise). The dude is running his dad's business. Which is probably taking down the bad guys and blah blah blah(that too was known I guess). Okay so the most important part is that....................Hhhhhmmmmmnnnnnn okay not going to reveal anything here. I have already been promised that I might find myself hanging upside down by the railings of my balcony. Anyways the point is that the movie is overall an amazing watch.



I was just wondering, when RGV factories can churn out such classics like Sarkar, Sarkar Raj and not to mention the cool gangsta flicks like Company and Satya how do they manage to come up with ultra flob bombs like Aag,Gaayab and Naach. Anyways as far as I can see there has been a slight change in the movies that has been hitting the theatres lately. Indian Cinema has changed I guess. From movies like DDLJ and QSQT we have reached to movies like ChakDe and Lagaan. Its no longer a necessity for the protagonists to run around the same old freaking tree in the same old freaking locations performing the same old freaking antics. I guess its no longer necessary for the hero to vanquish the villians and emerge victorious. People are actually ready to see their favourite starts die on screen. Now thats quite a change in the film industries. I can as well say that Indian Cinema has come of age. Well not exactly Indian Cinema but Bollywood sure has changed by leaps and bounds with movies from different genres, from scifi-flicks to super hero dare-devilry.
I could not stop myself from giving these facts, which are the main reason why I had to add the previous statement.
  • Hero chase villain on horse. Truck comes between hero and villian and is perpendicular to the road. Hero makes horse slide beneath the truck. Horse comes out un-scathed. Chase continues.( What a horse? Self-Healing with amazing sliding techniques. Maybe some of our cricketers can take a leaf out of the horses book and start sliding on the field.)
  • Hero doused in petrol. Rowdy gang throws some 20 lighted match-sticks at him. He escapes ala Matrix-Neo style. He thrashes bad guys. He throws one lighted stick at them. They all on fire. Logic= During fight he transfers petrol from his clothes to the rowdies clothes. ( Now there is a fatal attraction you dont exactly equate with!!!.)
  • This is one of the most mind blowing dialogues I have ever come across till date. "When a normal man touches current he gets a shock.....I am Narasimha. If current touches me current gets a shock!!!!!". Woaow!!! now thats what I call as an electrifying. The dude just nods his head after this and the power supply itself goes kaput!!!!!!!
  • Hero is doctor operating on a patient. Power supply goes. No back-up or ups. No emergency lamp. Patient critical. The dude performs operation under lights generated from other doctors mobiles. ( Hey which hospital is this man?? Mobiles in the operation theatre, no back up, no emergency lights. Wonder how the hospital was running!!!!)
  • This one is also pretty crazy. The big mustache dude is surrounded by rowdies. One tweak of the left part of his mustache the guys to his left go flying, one tweak of his right part of mustache and the guys on the right go flying. Its best to stop here. Guess the director also had the sense to put a full stop at this point. I was seriously wondering what all the dude was gonna tweak to get rid of his enemies.
  • This was an opening scene of a movie. The young hero( for the past approx 40 years) kicks the usual thug. The guy flies and hits the transformer thats roughly 10-12 feet high. Now there is a kick boxer for you!!!!!!
  • Hero being chased by villians( whats new???). Hero jumps into well. Villians throw machete into well. Hero avoids all. Villians now pour petrol into well. But hero very clever. Before petrol reaches him, he sets villian on fire. Logic=Hero takes machetes thrown by villians. Throws back to villians such that it scrapes the walls of the well. Friction causes sparks and sparks ignite petrol and villians are deep fried. Bravo hero what a presence of mind and what mind boggling applications of the laws of physics!!!!!

I am quite sure given a chance anybody will be able to come up with a hundred other instances like this. Maybe thats what they call being creative geniuses. Hats off to those guys for defying every other law of physics and being creative and coming up with ideas and stories completely out of the box. Bow to them all. Including to you for having had the patience to read out this piece of crap about crap movies!!!!

6 comments:

Mith said...

LOL!!!!! :)

(rolling on the floor and laughing)

very perspective!! hmmm...seen a LOT of movies haven u??? n plz tell me these arent actual movie scenes!!!

good one :)

(still on the floor, still laughing - its a miracle how i managed to write this while so obviously occupied!)

Pooja said...

LOL...yeah..i totally agree!....u gotta leave yr brains at home and go to the movies !...

Chinmay said...

gud one. please select better topics. how abt devaru films.

Cheeku said...

macha.. i personally think this was the best post of yours so far... I couldn't stop laughing.. very well put da.. we are learning aren v?? :P

abhishek.bv said...

I ll give SARKAR RAJ a try after what u ve told...

Unknown said...

LOL! ... nice one da!